Some things to know about Graduation

Some things to know about Graduation

Happy Sunday everyone! The weather has been sooooo beautiful. It is the perfect weather to just sit out by the lake or go for a walk along Lakeshore Drive. While I have been enjoying the weather a little bit, most of my time has been spent preparing for graduation and searching for jobs. Since this is about the only thing on my mind currently, I thought I would share some of the graduation process here at Loyola.

First of all, you have to make sure that in order to graduate, all your academic requirements are met. You can check this under LOCUS in the “Academic Report” section, but you can also go to your advisor to make sure that everything is taken care of. There is nothing worse than discovering that you miscalculated your hours or forgot a required class once graduation comes around. Once you become a senior, you will start getting emails regarding graduation and helpful workshops, talks, and job fairs. You will receive an email asking you to register for graduation by a certain date. Once registered, you will then receive emails entailing everything you need to know for graduation. They will ask you if you are attending graduation, and once you answer, you are able to pick tickets for your ceremony. This year we were only allowed four tickets per student, so if you need more, you will have to reach out to other students to see if they are willing to give you a few tickets. You will then get an email telling you when to pick up your gown, cap, and tassels. I did not have to purchase a gown because my sister already had one, but I did purchase my tassels. I purchased one for the School or Arts and one for the School of Sciences. At the pick-up, you can also purchase a class ring, take pictures in your cap and gown, eat free food, and ask questions about the job search. Now all I have to wait for is the big day!

Graduation is coming on fast and I cannot believe my time at Loyola is almost done. I have loved every single year that I have been here. I have made some amazing friends, taken some great classes, and have been taught by some excellent professors. It is scary transitioning into the big-girl world, but I know that Loyola has prepared me for this and I know that I can tackle whatever the world throws at me.