Serving up exquisite deliciousness at Revival Social Club

Hello Everyone! Happy Easter to all! In the spirit of the holiday and eating your weight in food, I thought I would let you guys in on a new restaurant that is located right near Loyola’s Lake Shore campus. It is called Revival Social Club and it is a trendy new restaurant that is offering delicious and affordable food in a beautiful setting with a wonderful staff.

Located at 1133 W. Granville Avenue, the Revival Social Club is a great place to escape the dining hall’s food for some upscale yumminess. Open from 10am to 11pm on Mondays thru Thursdays, 10am to 12am on Friday, 8am to 12pm on Saturday, and 8am to 11pm on Sunday, my friend and I made our way near there on a Tuesday around 11:30am. We came on the place entirely by accident. This new restaurant replaced an old favorite of ours, M Henriettas, so we were a little leery if this place would be the place for us. But, as soon as we walked in, sat down, and looked at the menu, we were instantly drawn in. The décor is very modern historic chic, with a sort of laid back and easy conversation flowing vibe. While the menu is not the largest, we were both totally fine with that. Smaller menu usually means more care goes into each dish. Since we were feeling breakfasty, I ordered the Short Rib Sandwich. It was an English muffin sandwich with short ribs, horseradish aioli, egg, and it was served with potatoes. It was heavenly!! So delicious and so perfectly cooked, I lapped it up. My friend got a French toast dish with caramelized apples on top. I tried some of hers and it was great as well! I also ordered a hot apple cider. It came in a huge coffee cup and was super fragrant. For an early desert (because why would you pass up desert!) we got the Monkey Bread Skillet to split. SO WONDERFUL! It was basically like eating little puffed up churros. It contains cinnamon sugar pull-apart dough with caramel and vanilla ice cream in a skillet. So perfect. I felt myself just totally tipping into a sugar-land filled dream. My meal and drink only ended up around 22 dollars with tip and tax.

FullSizeRender (2) IMG_0623

Overall, this place is a great place to meet up with friends at a close location near campus. Besides offering breakfast, the Revival Social Club also offers dinner. With a wonderful atmosphere and super tasty food, this restaurant is something that you will not want to miss!