Scope out these awesome Classes Loyola Offers!

Hello Hello Hello! It is almost Friday, which means it is almost the weekend! Who does not look forward to the weekend! Thinking ahead to the weekend and beyond these past couple days made me think about the past a little bit too. When I was talking to my friend today, we were reflecting on the past that we have had at Loyola. It is so weird to think that only about a month more and I will be graduating! Life is getting way too real, way too fast. Anyways, we were talking about life at Loyola and some of our favorite classes. Which of course I wanted to share with you guys! Who does not want to take more interesting and exciting classes???

1. The Writing of Fiction (ENGL 318) – We got to write short stories! If you are thinking that you would not be interested in creative writing and that maybe this is not the class for you, hold up, this class is the bomb for EVERYONE! It is so much fun and there is literally no bad writer! It is a relaxing class where you are allowed to be creative and to express your own weird ideas whatever they may be. Bonus: you are also never wrong, because nothing is wrong in your own story.
  2. Piano (MUSC 102) – Do you want to learn an instrument? Have you ever dreamed of becoming a famous musician who tours the world? Then this is a great class to get started on that dream. Yes, you will not come out as a Bach prodigy, but you will learn the basics of how to play the piano and more importantly, you will have fun doing it.
  3. Animal Behavior (BIOL 320) – This is a science class, but an interesting science class. It is literally what it says it is, animal behavior. You learn everything there is to know about animals and how they grow, learn, and interact with themselves and others who are not the same as them. The class is just so chalked full with interesting information you really won’t notice the long class period.
  4. Spanish 2 (SPAN 102) – It is always interesting to learn a new language! I am not gifted in learning them, but this class was super fun because the teacher was very patient and understanding with her students. She wanted us to succeed. We even took a field trip to the National Museum of Mexican Art and had a Day of the Dead celebration which included Spanish Bingo and tamales. Overall, it was just a great class with a great atmosphere to be in.
  5. Environmental Sustainability (ENVS 283) – In this class we learned all about the environment, its deterioration, and what we can do to help. We had to do some volunteering for this class so two of my friends and I did gully walking. We went along the Chicago River and looked for gullies with a guide so that we can report them to get fixed. These gullies are cracks that lead outwards from the river and here the soil deteriorates and erosion occurs. It was fun to get out there and help the environment.
  6. Evolution of Western Idea till 17th Century (HIST 101) – This was a history class and for someone who dislikes history, this class made me appreciate it. We covered mostly ancient history including the Romans and Greeks and I just loved this class! The professor was probably the best professor I ever had. He cared about his students. He was always more than willing to help, made his exams challenging, but more than doable, and kept class interesting with funny jokes and powerpoint slides. John McManamon was the professor’s name, and he has to be the best professor at Loyola!

So if you are not graduating, you should check these classes out! I guarantee that all of them will be interesting and will make you not dread going to class every day.