Staying in Touch

Staying in Touch

Hello again! Hope everyone is enjoying this fantastic weather Chicago is currently having! It is supposed to get into the 60s next week and I have a hunch that classes might not be that well attended because everyone is going to want to go to the beach and spend some time in the sun! This past Tuesday I decided to enjoy some sports to get into the full swing of spring.

Being from the suburbs, I went to my little brother’s baseball game. Well, he really is not that little (he is fourteen) but to me he will always be my little brother. Unfortunately, the game was not played outdoors, but instead, inside a huge dome in Rosemont. It was a lot of fun! My brother played really well!

Having family so close to me and all around me while I have been at Loyola has meant a lot to me. My dad is a doctor at Loyola, my older sister graduated from Loyola, I go to Loyola, my younger brother is a junior here at Loyola, and my youngest sister is a freshman here at Loyola. Also, on the plus side, being from a suburb located closely outside of Chicago always a makes it easy to go home and see family. College is a super exciting time in your life. You will make new friends, learn new things, prepare for the future, and overall just grow as a person, but it is always important to remember those who helped you get there. So don’t forget to call your family, friends, or anyone who is close to you in anyway and has influenced you to become the person you are today. They will always be there for you when you need to cry over a grade, talk about the stress of your future, or just to catch up. College really does fly by (I would know, I am graduating!) and you do not want to lose contact with the ones that you love.

So in the spirit of a new season of spring upon us, give your loved ones a call! Especially if you are missing home while you are at your home away from home, Loyola.