A Few Words Before School Starts, again…

I am at Starbucks trying to figure out what is next?!  There are so many degrees that I can pursue after graduation, but how do I know which one is the right one for me?  I have been trying to keep myself busy by applying to internships.  I think that this is the best way to find out what is for you and what is not.  There are so many questions marks on top of my head right now.  There are so many arrows pointing to different paths, schools, and majors.  However, I think that we all have one area of understanding after Loyola: what it is that we love.

My best friend added an English major to her Biology major because she knew that English is what she loved.  I could not be more proud of her for deciding to stay another year and pursue what she truly enjoys!  In my case, I have always loved two things: science and health care.  This makes me feel a lot better because I know that whatever I choose to pursue my graduate career in has to include one or the other, or maybe both!  What I did not realize is that there are so many majors out there that I can choose from!

Currently, I am in the search for the right one.  I will apply to various ones in hopes of getting accepted into one.  However, what if this doesn’t work?  Do not worry because there is always a plan B.  Yes, after college you have a degree and this is very marketable!  You can get so many different jobs after college.  You will not be making a lot of money, but you will have a sustainable job.  This is my Plan B.  Luckily, my major has many career opportunities after college, and I am willing to take advantage of it if I do not get accepted the first time around.

Brush off the insecurities because there is always something for you.  Patience is key, and I have learned this the hard way!  However, if it is something you love, you must sacrifice and look past all of your friends that are already making money and give it time; your time will come, too. 🙂 Till next time!