Midterm Week

Midterm Week

Finally, midterm week has ended and classes for the second semester are halfway done. For some, including myself, a lot of stress and cramming/studying are over for now; so much has been done to prepare for this week: the countless “all-nighters”, the student study group sessions, and more. As my favorite teacher, Dr. Helgott, always says before an exam, “hard work pays off”. I could not agree more with her. If students put the time, effort, and consistent motivation to do well, then they should be on the right track to success in everything they do. I try to do the same, but sometimes it challenging.

Just like the saying goes, “easier said than done”, I try to be a better student but sometimes I lack determination to push myself even harder than I usually do. Most students understand what I mean. After trying all different types of resources to help myself improve, sometimes the results don’t add up; it doesn’t pay off. With that being said, I have to try harder. I have to open my mind and see a different approach to resolve the problem. Yes, this means that more time and dedication will have to be put in, but in the end, things will be worth it. I promise.

I might sound like I’m going off on a tangent on my own problems, but in the grand scheme, I am trying to be optimistic. Hope is still out there. Things will get better. I will still stand strong.