Residence Hall Bonding Over The Oscars

Residence Hall Bonding Over The Oscars

As many of you may know, the Oscars were on this past Sunday night! For many people the Oscars are really fun to watch, to see if your favorite movies and stars will win awards! I wasn’t sure I’d get a chance to watch them, though, because I do not have a TV in my dorm. Luckily, the second-floor lounge of my building had a large TV and a bunch of other eager people who wished to watch the awards ceremony too.

Living in a dorm can be a little difficult if you do not have a TV. You don’t get to watch all of your favorite shows as they air, movies as you wish, or record any programs you might miss! However, I have learned that many times, if there is a special program on TV, I will not be the only one who will wish to watch it! Sunday night, there were about twenty of us all gathered downstairs in front of the large TV awaiting the start of this magical awards show. I was with some of my friends, but large amounts of the people down there with us were people from many different floors, some that I’ve never seen before. It was a really cool experience to see that everyone can come down to the lounge and bond over watching a popular television program! I found myself talking to people I’ve never talked with before, and enjoying all that the show had to offer with them! It was a great bonding experience. I also had my overnight guests for the evening with me too, so they were also able to experience how easy it is to build a community here at Loyola and how friendly everyone can be!

Overall, Loyola residence halls are a wonderful place for bonding and building community. Many residents without television sets will seek to watch their favorite programs in the public lounges with other people who are in the same situation as them! This proves to be a wonderful way to make new friends with similar interests, while being able to enjoy simple things such as your favorite television program!