Be The Change Week

Be The Change Week

Hi there!

This week at Loyola, the Department of Student Leadership Development hosted a week of activities called Be the Change Week. This week was full of different leadership development workshops and activities that empowered students to make a change in the world. Each day this week, from Monday-Thursday, there were different events each night, such as Activism Art and Day of Silent Solitary. This week was definitely really cool, in my eyes! As college students, making a change for the causes and problems that we are passionate about is a daunting task- it’s hard to envision ourselves actually making an impact, but this week really put things into perspective. As college students, we all do have the ability to make a change, but it starts with baby steps- and this can be as simple as joining organizations that do something for the causes that you believe in. I really appreciated the events planned this week, and I wanted to leave you with this video by Kid President on making change. The message behind this video is great, and I definitely suggest you take a look!