Sushi Break

Sushi Break

Hi everyone! Not a lot has been going on over here at Loyola. As students, we are currently in a state of limbo. First exams have not happened yet and so we are just going to class and doing homework and trying to get as much sleep as we can before we have to buckle down and study. So, because my weekends are free of over stressing my brain, there is plenty of time to go out with friends and try new things. Since I am a major foodie, new things for me means new restaurants and cuisine experiences.

One of my favorite things to eat is sushi! I like how sushi is lighter and a bit more refreshing in opposition to such foods as burgers and pizza. This past weekend, I went to Bistro Sake located at 7600 Madison Street in Forest Park. Since I am a fifth year student, most of my friends have already graduated. And as a Bio major, I have some friends who have made their way into medical school, specifically Loyola’s Stritch School of Medicine. I was visiting them over in Oak Park which is close to the medical school, and we decided to get dinner at Bistro Sake. The best thing about this place is that they have an all you can eat sushi menu. You pay twenty dollars, and in exchange, you get to eat as much sushi as your stomach can hold. The only catch is though that you have to finish everything on your plate, because they charge you for any leftovers. I was a little leery of an all you can eat sushi place, because I thought that the sushi would be low quality, but I was definitely wrong! The sushi was phenomenal and very fresh! The menu for all you can eat consisted of appetizers, soups, salad, sushi rolls, and individual sushi slices. It was three pages long and all of it was all you can eat. Did I mention that it was only twenty dollars per person! Super cheap!

I went with a group of three guys so of course the ordering was outrageous. They had all just finished a med school exam and had not eaten all day, so needless to say, we ordered more than once. The food was great, the staff were friendly and helpful, and we left there stuffed. Overall, it was a great way to spend a Saturday catching up with good friends over good food!

Only the first round!
Only the first round!