Set the World on Fire

Set the World on Fire

Sunrise_chapel_doors_lake

When you walk on-campus, you can see students all over walking from class to class. After my first semester of school, I see things differently. I see future teachers, doctors, mathematicians, astrologists, musical composers, artists, business owners, and so much more. It is obvious to see that from receiving a Loyola education, you gain more than just a typical education. You gain knowledge in all aspects of life, more experiences pertaining to your career, and ultimately you find your passion.

For me, I have always wanted to be a doctor because I love to help others in any way I can. I grew up with the mentality that you should always care for others and therefore set a good example. That mindset has always led me to do the things I do such as volunteer at the hospital, church, and school. Considering that I admire children and have a goddaughter of my own, it is quite fitting that I have dreams of becoming a general pediatrician or neonatologist (specific to newborn and premature infants). Both jobs have pros and cons, but with my consistent and strong passion for this field of study, I know that I can accomplish my dream and be successful. I understand that a long road of schooling and challenges face me for a long time but I know that in the end, I will do the things that I love and that alone is the most rewarding. With no doubt, I will be a part of the large flame of light by setting the world on fire.