Christkindlmarket

Christkindlmarket

Chicago is no stranger to winter and Christmas fun during the holidays. One of my newfound favorite places to visit in Chicago during the time leading up to Christmas is the Christkindlmarket in Daley Plaza. I was able to visit three times so far, and plan to go again! In this post, I will be discussing the market and my personal favorite parts of the market!

The Christkindlmarket is a traditional German American holiday market that sets up annually in Daley Plaza. This year, the market will be open from November 21st to December 24th. Many vendors purchase a space to sell their often homemade and authentic items, which can range from anything from hand made German crafts to delicious genuine German delicacies like schnitzel. The vendor stands are designed to look like a little Bavaria, and the holiday lights, music, and giant Christmas tree aid in giving visitors a wonderful Christmas feeling!

I was able to visit the market three times so far. The first time, I was in absolute awe of how cool the whole scene was. There were people everywhere, and I wanted to try everything. I ended up buying a light up paper star, a wooden cat sculpture, a warm wool hat, some German candy, and some ornaments to give as gifts!

Ultimately, the Christkindlmarket just might be one of my favorite parts of the holiday season in the city. I can’t wait to go back again!