The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival-Parade and Fireworks

Last Saturday was a huge night filled with lights-Christmas lights-in downtown Chicago! BMO Harris Bank put on their annual Magnificent Mile Lights Festival along Michigan Avenue to kick off the holiday season on Saturday, November 22nd! In this post, I will be discussing the many activities available during the festival, including the activities I was able to personally attend and experience!

Throughout the entire day of November 22nd, holiday festivities were happening all along the Magnificent Mile. The Lights Festival Lane was from 11 A.M. to 4 P.M. and was an interactive holiday wonderland with fun for everyone! Here, people can participate in interactive holiday activities, eat delicious treats, and watch live performances on the BMO Harris Bank Stage in Pioneer Court! Along with live performances, the festival also held two meet-and-greets. Festival guests had the chance to meet Jacquie Lee presented by Radio Disney at 1:30 P.M., and Nico and Vinz presented by Southwest Airlines at 2:30 P.M.!

I personally was unable to attend these activities, but I did make a point to attend the Tree-Lighting Parade down Michigan Avenue that evening! There were thousands of people downtown to view this lights spectacular as it made its way down Michigan Avenue. The parade was led by grand marshals Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and included amazing floats, giant helium-filled balloons, marching bands, and many more characters straight from Walt Disney World and Resort! I loved standing in the crowds watching the parade go by, it truly felt magical!

Once the parade was over, my friends and I headed towards the river to watch the fireworks! We found a place right next to the Trump Tower with a great view of the river and where the fireworks would be set off. The fireworks that were set off that night were some of the best I have ever seen! It was an excellent display of color and sparkle, and they shimmered with even more vibrancy over the river!

Between the activities, lights, parade, and fireworks display, the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival was a sight to be seen. It was definitely one of the best nights I’ve had since beginning classes at Loyola!