Don’t Burn Out!

Don’t Burn Out!

Hi there!

So, todays post is about getting recharged and re-energized, especially since we are slowly winding down this semester! I know that I feel like I’ve been going through “mid terms” for the last couple of weeks, and I’m definitely looking forward to Thanksgiving break! You might be in the same boat with me, and here are some tips to stay motivated, and be productive:

1. Check something off your to-do list! 

I don’t know about you, but I love making to-do lists; not only do they give me peace of mind, knowing that I won’t forget to do something, but it also makes me feel super accomplished when I can cross something off the list. Try getting a small task done from your list, because even having one less task daunting you will make you feel so much better!

2. Take short breaks doing things that distract you! 

For me, when I have to get down to business, that’s when I’m the most distracted. For example, today, I sat down to get 3 chapters of reading done for class, and about every 20 minutes, all I wanted to do was check my phone.. even though I knew that I wasn’t missing out on anything too important. So, the compromise I came up with was checking my phone after reading each chapter. While this is a pretty small example, this really got me through the chapters without getting too distracted. So, next time when you’re getting distracted while working or studying, find a way to give yourself short breaks to mess around with the thing that is distracting you!

3. Take a walk! 

I’m sure you’ve probably heard this before, but trust me, it’s helpful! It doesn’t have to be a long walk, but even going out for a 10 minute walk, where you don’t have to think about what you’re working on will be helpful and get you ready to get back to work!

4.  Drink Water! 

Typically coffee is also a re-energizer, but water is a great substitute! It’s actually true that dehydration can actually affect your anxiety levels, so maybe drinking a bottle of water can help you out! Sometimes a little bit of cold juice or water will refresh you and help you get through your tasks.

Foram