Laundry In A Residence Hall

Laundry In A Residence Hall

One big step when coming to college is beginning to do your own laundry. In this post, I will be discussing how to do laundry in a residence hall on your own! Whether you used to do your own laundry at home or will begin doing it yourself for the first time upon arriving at college, here are some helpful tips on how to do laundry on a schedule and in a busy residence hall.

I personally did not do much laundry for myself before arriving at college. Of course, I did occasionally help my mom when she did laundry, so I did know what to do, but the complete responsibility of doing laundry was never on myself before. I was able to adapt well to handling it on my own!

I would recommend choosing a day to be ‘laundry day’ and stick to doing laundry every week on the same day. This makes the process easier and ensures that you always have clean laundry per week! Plus, you get to know the other people who do laundry on your day and learn of the availability of the machines in your residence hall.
Some other basic tips for doing laundry in a residence hall include:
• Using pods of detergent rather than liquid. Throwing a pod in is much easier than lugging around a gallon of liquid detergent and you don’t need to worry about how much to pour!
• Always set a timer for your clothes so you know when to come change the load. People do have tight schedules, and in order to ensure that a backup does not occur, setting a timer will create shorter waiting time for others to be able to do their laundry too.
• When done with the washers, leave the doors open. This is to ensure that the washers remain fresh and clean!

The washers and dryers in the residence halls can be accessed with Rambler Bucks, and are really easy to operate! So, if laundry is a worry of yours about starting college, don’t fret. Laundry is easy, accessible, and not