Opportunities at Loyola: Part 1

Opportunities at Loyola: Part 1

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been focusing mainly on all the cool things I’ve done in the city of Chicago, but this week, I want to share with you two cool opportunities that I’ve gotten to be a part of directly on campus!

Over the 2.5 years that I’ve been at Loyola, I’ve been able to do so many cool things that I wouldn’t have been able to do anywhere else. For example, just this past weekend, I was able to assist and plan a Loyola wide leadership conference!

On campus, I am a member of the Peer Leadership Team, which is basically a group of students who work in the Student Leadership Development office to facilitate and plan workshops and conferences on leadership topics for Loyola students. This is the team that planned the leadership conference, Student Leadership Institute (SLI), this weekend. I’ve been going to this conference for three years now; the first one I simply attended, and the next two I helped plan. While my role changed over the years, I still find myself learning so much about my leadership through each and every experience.

This year the theme of the leadership conference was: What is Your Why, where we talked about our passions, and the things that motivate us on a daily basis. The leadership conference itself consisted of three workshops, a keynote speaker (who was a student!), and lots of networking opportunities. Every year, this conference allows me to learn more about myself and meet new people, effortlessly! 

10414882_832798683408569_3491683836890849896_n

I am so glad that I was able to experience this conference, both, as an attendee and a member of the peer leadership team. It is a phenomenal experience, and I’m so glad that I decided to go to SLI my first year at Loyola! This was one of the best ways for me to meet new friends who shared similar interests to me, and also just learn more about myself as I navigated the murky waters of freshman year.

If you choose to come to Loyola, this is definitely one event you won’t want to miss!

Foram

You have so many ama