Why I Chose Loyola

Why I Chose Loyola

In this blog post, I’ll be discussing why I chose to come to Loyola! In the beginning of my college search, I had absolutely no idea where I wanted to go or what I was looking for in a college. I ended up applying for about sixteen schools in many different areas all over the country and visiting many of the close ones before deciding upon Loyola once and for all.

Being from Michigan, I wanted to choose a school that was out of state. I had visited Chicago many times when I was younger, and was already in love with the city. In fact, the city is probably one of the main reasons why I chose Loyola. There are so many opportunities in a big city that you just might not get in a smaller school surrounded by cornfields like my second choice school. Also, in Chicago, there is always something to see and do. It is a nice change from the small town that I came from!

Another main reason I chose Loyola was for their academics. I had always heard from brochures, commercials, word of mouth, and older friends who attended Loyola about how wonderful the academics were here. There are also wonderful internship and job opportunities through the school that use the city as a resource, which is important to me because I feel like I will be able to succeed after graduation with Loyola’s help.

Another major reason I decided upon Loyola was the impression of the campus I got from taking a campus tour and attending Loyola weekend. I traveled to Chicago in August of 2013 to visit Loyola and was more than impressed by the tour and my tour guide. The campus was absolutely stunning, and I could definitely see myself comfortably studying by the lake and making Loyola my home. My tour guide was really well informed and enthusiastic about Loyola, which made me excited about Loyola too! I visited again in March for Loyola weekend where I met my potential roommate (now actual roommate) and was able to meet more accepted students and to attend informational seminars to learn what Loyola was all about. Being here for this weekend made me finally realize that Loyola was for sure where I wanted to go because I loved the campus, the people, the city, and the reputation that Loyola upholds. I know that I have made the right choice and can’t wait to see what the future holds for me here at Loyola!