Commuter Life

Commuter Life

photo
As a college student, there is two distinguishing points that define one another: either you dorm on campus or you commute. Being a commuter has it’s pros and cons and so does dorming. 
On the positive side, I am always up and about and most importantly I organize myself in a timely manner. I have to keep track of what time I leave the house, what time I need to be home, and how to make the best use of my time on campus. 
Because it has only been a month, I’ve only experienced the commuter life for only a little bit. Already, I have had some interesting encounters with people, both funny and strange. When it comes to wintertime, I will try to be prepared (for obvious reasons)!
It isn’t always easy, but I know as the days become weeks and the weeks become months, I will definitely get used to being a commuter.
But there are some downsides as well. Depending on how far you live from home, commuting via public transportation may be a little tiring and overwhelming (especially if you end up coming home late). Also, as a commuter, you must bring everything you need for the day with you (which may be a lot) since you probably do not want to go back and forth home. 

All in all, commuting is nonetheless, an interesting adventure. You never know what to expect via public transportation, you get to go home and see your family everyday, and you learn more and more about the vast city of Chicago.