Best Study Spots

Best Study Spots

Hi, Ramblers!  Welcome back from Fall Break!  This semester is flying by—we are almost half way done!  I hope you had a relaxing few days off so that you ace the next wave of midterms….

As I prepare for my upcoming exams, I’m on the hunt for the best study spots around campus.  Here are a few that you should check out yourself!

Palm Court in Mundelein Building
The Palm Court in the Mundelein building is my favorite view and favorite study spot on campus.  Whether it is snowy or sunny outside, the surrounding balcony offers you a beautiful, albeit distracting, view of campus and Lake Michigan as you try to focus on your books.  The inside area itself is relatively quiet and has plenty of tables and chairs for study groups.

FullSizeRender (1)

FullSizeRender

Bourgeois Pig—738 W Fullerton Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
This hidden café wins the award for best off-campus study site.  Only a few blocks west of the Fullerton stop, the Bourgeois Pig is worth the commute.  My friend Jen and I visited there last Saturday, and we will be definitely visiting again.  As I ordered my sandwich and coffee on the first floor, my first impression of this café was that it was super busy and too crowded for me to get any work done.  The first floor was packed, so I followed a narrow set of stairs up to the second floor for a place to read.  The second floor was quiet and charming, complete with vintage chairs and beaded curtains over the windows.  Students from all over Chicago had their laptops and books open, studying in this peaceful room above the forgotten noise of the café.

These two are difficult to beat, but these cozy study spaces or amazing views are all over the city.  I want to hear about yours!  Where are your best study spaces?  The best part about living in the city is that no matter how much you explore, there are always going to be undiscovered balcony views or comfy coffee shops waiting for you to visit.