Christmas Break

Christmas Break

Christmas break was EXTREMELY relaxing! It was so nice to take a break from the mounds of schoolwork I usually have and just enjoy the company of family and friends while eating tons of home cooked meals (my favorite part!).

One of the many perks of Loyola is that they give everyone a full month of break. (Mostly everyone, depending on finals)  I got home December 13th, and a few days later, my siblings and I hosted our first annual Trubiano siblings cookie making party.  We each invited a few friends, and made a ton of cookies for Christmas and Christmas day… although most of them were gone that night.  Here’s a picture of the cookies I was in charge of, before they were decorated.

On Christmas Eve, my family has my moms whole side at our house.  We ate delicious lasagna and exchanged presents.  It was extra exciting this year because it was my cousin’s baby’s first Christmas.  He is the chubbiest, cutest little thing.

On Christmas day, we went to my grandparents house.  My dad has five brothers and sisters, so there was a ton of people packed into the house.  I have so many cousins, and I always love Christmas because I get to hang out with all of them at once! Here is a picture of all of my female cousins besides one.

I spent a lot of time with my high school friends over this break as well.  We had a lot of holiday parties and went to a lot of movies. (I highly recommend Silver Linings Playbook!) Here’s a pic of my six best friends. 

I definitely needed the long Christmas break.  I was great spending time with family and old friends.  It is great to be back in Chicago though, and I am really looking forward to this semester!