Halloween in Chicago

Halloween in Chicago

This is the first Halloween I have spent in Chicago.  The past two years, I visited my friends at different schools, but I was definitely happy to stay this year!  It has been a lot of fun, and since Halloween fell on a Wednesday this year, you can celebrate either weekend!

There was a lot of Halloween activity going on at Loyola. This past Sunday, there was a trick or treat going on for the little kids of Rogers Park.  The different organizations came out to a building on campus and each of the organizations got their own room.  They could decorate the door however they wanted, and the kids would walk up and the halls and would collect candy from each of the organizations.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go (five papers in one week is the worst), but my friend went, and she loved it!  She said the little kids were all so excited and dressed in the cutest outfits.

On the Friday and Saturday before that, my friends and I dressed up both nights.  On Friday, we were the four Ace’s. (Diamond, spades, hearts, and clubs.) We wore white outfits and pinned on red A’s and our symbol.  On Saturday, I was a biker.  I ran out of creative ideas, so I just threw on a leather jacket and a bandanna.  Here’s my friends and I dressed up.

It was a really fun Halloween in Chicago.  Coming back home on the el both nights, it was crazy to see all the different costumes and realize how many people go all out on Halloween.  I’m excited to see what next year (or possible this weekend?!) has in store!