Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome To My Blog!

Hey everyone! My name is Susie Moskop and I’m excited to blog this semester. Just a little about me… I am from a small town about four hours south of Chicago in Peoria, Illinois. Growing up in this small town is what prompted me to take my college career to a big city like Chicago. I spent my freshman year here at Loyola visiting all the popular tourist attractions and learning how to make my way around this city. Coming into my sophomore year, I feel so much more confident about living in the big city and am starting to feel like a real Chicagoan. However, sophomores are often known as “wise fools”, so I am trying to remind myself that I have so much more to experience and learn both around the city and at Loyola.
After being ridiculously indecisive about my major last year,I finally feel like I have found the perfect areas of study that reflect what I am most interested in: journalism and visual communication. Throughout my life, writing has always been not only one of my strengths, but also one of my favorite past times. Furthermore, visual communication allows me to express my artistic side and add a creative spin to my writing. With these, I hope to one day work with a popular magazine or website, or maybe even write some original works for a publisher.
This year in particular, I am trying to get involved in activities that will give me experience in my areas of study. Aside from blogging, a huge part of my life is my position as assistant news editor for the Loyola Phoenix, the school’s student-run newspaper. I am also a member of the Loyola club tennis team. Aside from the work I do at Loyola, I tutor children in reading and writing at a local elementary school and am a registered volunteer at PAWS Chicago.
Throughout this blog, I hope to successfully contribute the Loyola Chicago experience the way I see it, while adding a variety of useful college tips for all readers. Enjoy!