It’s The Little Things

It’s The Little Things

We all know a version of the saying, “Enjoy the little things in life” or “It’s the little things that matter.”

Well that could not be more true for me today. After a stressful day of classes, I walked home and dug in my backpack for my keys. This took much longer than it should have because I was making a mental to-do list of the colossal amount of homework I have to do tonight. I got frustrated and had to take a deep breath to remind myself to go slow and look diligently.

I dove my hand back into my backpack for another try and felt my keys right away. I pulled them out and upon seeing them I smiled. On my keys is a picture of Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian from The Little Mermaid (my FAVORITE movie).

For a brief moment all of the stress of classes and homework were in the back of my mind and I was able to pause and smile at the keys while good memories from the movie played in my head.

It was just this little thing, this picture of the Little Mermaid, that gave me a smile and a reminder not to worry so much about the bigger stuff.

Have you ever seen cooler keys in your life?