We’re Back In Session

We’re Back In Session

School has officially begun, and the buildings are crawling with students- we are taking over Loyola again!

I just got out of my new Literature class (30 minutes early), and I’m pretty sure almost the entire class is freshmen. Oh well, I need my other literary knowledge credit. I’m waiting for my new Theater class to begin now, my sixth class of the new semester. After this class is the class that I’m looking forward to most, Sociology 301.

I’m taking 7 classes this semester, 19 credits, and the workload is already piling up. In the next two weeks, I have to read an entire book for my Literature class,  4 chapters for Macroeconomics, 1 chapter with homework problems for Accounting, 1 chapter for Management and whatever else I have to do for my upcoming theater and sociology classes. Yes, this is me venting.

But despite the workload, I’m happy to be back. Though I love my downtime, I’m looking forward to essays, procrastinating and all-night cram sessions. I’m also looking forward to traveling the campuses again using the shuttle because I love those 20 minutes on the bus where I look out the window at the lakefront. Since the sun rises from that direction, it sparkles right over the water at the time I take the shuttle, and the views are breathtaking. It’s definitely been something I’ve been looking forward to seeing again all summer.

I’m looking forward to having more to blog about as well, and to checking my email and having real messages from teachers and classmates, not just spam mail from Ulta and Scholarships.com. To me, these reasons to be back are enough to enjoy it.

It’s time to head into my theater class now. Two more classes left to go, and then I get to go to work for a few hours. It’s going to be weird going from working over 20 hours a week to working just 5. I already miss seeing my coworkers all the time…