Junior Housing= Downtown Living

Junior Housing= Downtown Living

I’m currently trying to find housing for next year.  I thought it would be tough being abroad, but that is not the case at all. Loyola’s ResLife has helped me a lot through this process, and thankfully, I have gotten the housing I want for next year!

It was a big debate on whether I would live on campus or off campus.  I know a lot of my friends wanted to live off campus, but I actually had no problem living on campus.  I have always wanted to live downtown, so I decided to try and get into the amazing residence hall off of Michigan Avenue, Baumhart.

I applied for housing late, as I thought I was going to get an apartment.  I talked to Reslife and they told me there was a waiting list of about 1oo people.  It seemed hopeless, but I got an email from the director of ResLife today who told me I definitely got in and would be getting my living arrangement Friday.

I am so thankful that I got into Baumhart for next semester.  Baumhart is a beautiful high rise building, just steps away from Water Tower Place and all of Mag Mile.  It has a dining hall in the building, as well as the library right across the street.  I’m grateful because all of my classes are downtown next semester, so being right across the street is very convenient.

This news made my day, so I had to blog about it.  This has made me so much more excited for next year and very grateful for ResLife!