I would have to say this past weekend was one of the top 5 best weekends of my life. I went to The Amalfi Coast, the coast of Italy that includes places such as Naples, Sorrento, Positano and the island Capri. I went to all these places thanks to Bus2Alps, a bus tour company that caters to students. They arranged the itinerary for all three days and even booked us a hostel. It was a great, relaxing weekend. Here a few of the things I did:
1. Went on a boat tour all around the island of Capri. We saw the beautiful houses built into the mountains, and we sailed along crystal clear blue water. It was probably my favorite thing I have done here so far.
2. Jumped off the boat just outside the Blue Grotto. The water was freezing, it wasn’t THAT hot outside, and we had no towels… but it was so worth it!
3. Went inside the Blue Grotto. We had to duck down on our tiny boat because the entrance ceilings were so low. Once we got in, we sailed around for a little bit as our guide sang to us. The water looked insane.
4. Went up on a ski lift to the highest point in Capri. The ride up was terrifying (I’m scared to death of heights) but the views once you got up there were well worth it. We were so high up we were actually in the clouds.
5. Cliff jumped in Positano. Again, I’m terrified of heights, so here’s a picture of me jumping off the very lowest cliff.
7. Pompeii. This town, under ancient ruins, is full of history. It was so well preserved that you could almost envision what it looked like all those years ago. We saw bodies preserved but covered in ash of people who died from Mount Vesuvius taking over Pompeii. Here’s a picture of all of us by an ancient theater.
This was a weekend I will never forget. I never thought I’d be able to say that I cliff jumped in Italy as well as swam near the Blue Grotto. It was unbelievable!Tags: Pompeii, Positano