Mini Care Package From Home to Rome

Mini Care Package From Home to Rome

I’ve been obsessively checking my mailbox for the past few weeks, since I knew a little package was coming for me from home.  Before I left for Italy, I ordered a few necessities online, and of course with my luck, they got to the States the day after I leave! So my lovely mother sent them to Italy with a few extra things.

My mom sent me trashy tabloids (my guilty pleasure), a nice card with notes from my siblings and parents and a few newspaper articles.  Both of them were from my local newspaper at home.  One of them was about the insane amount of snow Rome received the past month, and the other was about how Krakow, Poland is a great place to vacation. (where I’m going for spring break- its where my grandmother’s family is from)

It was a great care package and it’s always nice to hear from my family back home.  I’m lucky they sent me things, because it is nearly impossible to get things to Rome without paying a heavy tax.  My friend received some food and she had to pay 300 euro!  My package, luckily, got here quickly and easily. And I’m definitely going to enjoy having my new clothes to wear and soaking in all the American gossip from the tabloids.