Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Spring Break!

My all-nighter did not have a major impact on my day, with the exception of my time. When I got done with class for the day, I had about an hour to book it from Lake Shore Campus to Baumhart to pack and make my train home for Spring Break!  To be honest, I did not do any major or serious packing.  I just threw my laundry in my suitcase and was out of there.

Now that I’m home, I’m really perplexed by the fact that it is snowing.  It’s Spring Break, and it’s snowing!  It really isn’t that unusual for the weather to be like this in Illinois, but what really frustrates me is that for Winter Break, there was no snow.

Snow or no snow, I’m completely satisfied with getting some type of break.  The weekend gave me ample time to catch up on lost sleep and consume major junk food.

I don’t have any big plans for this break.  In fact, I have many assignments and papers I definitely need to work on.

Backtracking a bit,  I did not get the chance to blog about going to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra during midterm week.  This was my first time to see the CSO.  I was invited by my brother who was required to go for his Music: The Art of Listening course.  We saw “The Soldier’s Tale,” which was narrated by John Lithgow, who you might remember as the Lord Farquaad in “Shrek.”  It was a great experience and hopefully I can catch another show this semester!