Cupcake Crazy

Cupcake Crazy

I’m surprised I haven’t thought to bring this up yet, but picking up a cupcake from More, reminded me of the cupcake craze that has hit in recent years.  More has a particularly exciting way to score free cupcakes and has become a pretty popular thing to do, especially if you live on the Water Tower Campus.

It’s simple and slightly addictive.  Once you “like” the More Facebook page, you are able to tag yourself in photos of cupcakes.  The owner will pick a type of cupcake for the week, and every Tuesday she will post pictures of that cupcake periodically throughout the day.  The limit of taggers in a picture is 50, and it is quite surprising how quickly a picture will fill up– usually within a few seconds.  When you go to the store, you simply present your ID and they check you off a  list.

I’ve seen some seasoned taggers work their magic, tagging not only themselves but several friends in a single cupcake. Fortunately, having friends as tagging vets, usually means a guaranteed free cupcake. I’ve become fairly skilled myself.

If you find that tagging isn’t your style, Sprinkles has a system similar to More that requires tweeting to get a free cupcake.

And if all else fails, even the poorest of college students can manage a few dollars for a delicious cupcake treat!