Leading Loyola

Leading Loyola

One aspect that has truly changed my Loyola experience is the leadership and involvement on campus. Many people on campus not only are part of multiple organizations but also have started or are on the E board as well. If one is not involved in this way I can almost promise that they might be doing community service or have an internship or even be doing research with there favorite professor on campus.

I started my day by heading to the south side of Chicago to volunteer as a timer for a swimming competition at the YMCA. I brought up my community work at a mass I attended  tonight. Father Dorsey approached me and explained how he would like to help me get a job with a local dentist being that he has some connections in the area. This is why I LOVE LOYOLA!

Positions I currently hold:

– G Board for my fraternity Alpha Phi Omega (Co-chair of Fellowship)

– E Board for the Physics club (Secretary)

Global Brigades Leader

– along with being a part of various other organizations around campus

I came to Loyola somewhat worried about getting involved. I was shy and unable to communicate my opinions to a group of people. I am now a Junior with multiple majors and minors and I feel quite the opposite. I enjoy leading at Loyola and even more so helping people so that they can move to lead as well.