Senior Classes Rock!

Senior Classes Rock!

I’m not going to lie: I am loving my schedule.

The first couple of years were great too- don’t get me wrong. I got a broad experience of classes and classmates. But now that I’m a Senior, I get to get deep into topics that normally would only be glossed over.

For instance, my Philosophy seminar is going to be awesome. It’s about how we constitute our identities, and the ethics involved in socially constructed and socially damaged identities. I can’t wait to see how this plays out. Our first class already had some really high level discussion. Plus, the teacher rocks. Dr. David Ozar came highly recommended, and I can already see why. He is intensely knowledgable, very experienced and has a wonderful sense of humor. He instantly established a great rapport with the class.

Truth be told, there aren’t a lot of bad Philosophy professors at Loyola. The program is great.

On the other hand, my Ad/PR capstone is going to be just as engaging. I am getting to spend the entire semester researching and digging deep into the exciting world of Gamification. Gamification is a really fascinating field, and I’m going to be getting in direct contact with 8-12 professional gamification practitioners throughout the semester. The networking alone is going to be awesome, but I will also get to watch as this trend continues to grow and try to find a way to fit into it myself.

The best part about both these classes is that the students themselves are just as crucial as the instructors. I get to learn about all the other interesting things being researched by my other Capstone classmates, and see if we are looking at complimentary topics or see if there’s something new that I want to learn more about. Similarly, the Philosophy class is full of some of the brightest minds that I’ve encountered at Loyola (I’ve had class with a few of these people before) and I just know that the discussions are going to be very revealing. In fact, they already have been.

This is the kind of upper-level knowledge that I’m going to miss out on later, so I better enjoy it now!