See Ya Later Chicago!

See Ya Later Chicago!

I’ve always felt going home for any extended amount of  time is bittersweet.  Don’t get me wrong.  I am so incredibly excited to be finished with yet another semester and just spend time with my family.  But as a student at Loyola, you make a home, and in a sense, you develop a family with your good friends.  Today, one of my closest friends who I’ve known since freshman year graduated.  I am so excited for her, (and a little envious!), but it only reinforced my own future.  While winter break will only last about a month, it is just a preview to the reality that exists after graduation.

I haven’t started packing quite yet, but I have made note of some of the things I will miss over winter break.  Coming from a super tiny town, there isn’t much to see or do.  The very first thing I will miss is my view!  Ok– so its straight across from a brick building, but at an angle its super great!

I will also super miss Ghirardelli!  My friends and I always stop in for a free chocolate square and delicious Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate! So delicious!

I will totally miss hitting up Water Tower Place!  It’s an all-in-one shopping destination conveniently out of the cold Chicago weather!

I’ll also miss the Water Tower.  It’s such an iconic building.

Speaking of iconic, I will definitely miss seeing the John Hancock.  I think the Sears, or rather Willis Tower is completely overrated.  The simplicity and elegance of the Hancock makes it one of my favorites!

Finally, I will miss my friends!  Especially Natalie who has now officially graduated!  Congrats!