Bloggers

• avatar

Lori Greene

From the Director
  • avatar

Lindsy Fagerstrom

Admission Ramblings
  • avatar

Therese Bennett

Windy City Wanderlust
  • avatar

Samantha Eddmeiri

Risible Rambles
  • avatar

Joseph Filer

Ramblin' with a Camera
  • avatar

Christopher Lam

Rambler's Pie: A Fresh Slice of Loyola
  • avatar

Brienne Lubor

LUC by Brie
  • avatar

Natalie Pantelis

Rambler Days
  • avatar

Foram Patel

Windy City Adventures
  • avatar

Stephanie Rodriguez

Keep On Ramblin’
  • avatar

Jace Sheu

Lakeside Musings
  • avatar

Laura Swanson

Chicago Life and Loyola Love

Parla Italiano?

Posted on: February 10th, 2011 by Lori Greene 3 Comments

Do you speak Italian? You don’t have to, but you might want to ask yourself, “Why not start my freshman year in Rome?

The Rome Start program is a chance for incoming freshmen to start their Loyola experience at the John Felice Rome Center in Rome, Italy. For those of you who may not be familiar with Loyola, let alone our Rome campus, Loyola has had a presence there for almost five decades. The campus is nestled in the Monte Mario neighborhood, about a 20 minute bus ride from the heart of Rome.

Rome Start is a new freshman experience for students who will finish high school abroad and are seeking a selective U.S. bachelor’s degree program.  Prospective students have a wide variety of academic interests and are applying from all types of high schools across the globe. Students will spend their first year in Rome soaking up all that the ancient city has to offer, including immersing themselves in Roman culture and connecting with faculty who share their knowledge of business, government, and the arts. Trips throughout Italy and in countries like Poland and Greece will encourage discussion among peers and faculty while building a strong sense of community and a close- knit group of classmates.

Rome Start freshmen will also visit Loyola’s Lake Shore Campus in the fall to explore the city of Chicago. After their first year in Rome, students will complete the last three years of their degree in Chicago, so they will get to experience two distinct facets of the Loyola community.

This coming week, we welcome a group of college counselors to our Rome campus to sample classes, meet with current students, tour the campus, hear from faculty, learn about orientation programming, and more. I can’t wait to hear about their students who are interested in Rome Start. If you are finishing your senior year abroad and are interested, APPLY TODAY! We are currently accepting applications for Loyola’s Class of 2015, with classes starting in August!

Ciao!

P.S. Check out the Rome Campus for yourself!

3 Responses

1. avatar Susana Vegil-Alvarado says:

Dear Lori Greene,
    I am high school student that has been admitted to Loyola. My question is what do you mean by, “Rome Start is a new freshman experience for students who will finish high school abroad.”? I am not finishing high school abroad can I still apply for rome start?

2. avatar Nina says:

Hi, I’m am currently a junior in highschool, and I was wondering what you meant when you said “Rome Start is a new freshman experience for students who will finish high school abroad”. I was dabbling in the idea of graduating highschool a semester early and I am wondering if i could potentially spend it in this program? Or is it for the freshman class only? I am very interested and hope to hear your feed back. Thank you!

3. avatar Lori Greene says:

I just want to clarify who is eligible for Rome Start. The program is directed for incoming freshman students who complete their high school program outside of the U.S. At this time, students graduating from high schools in the U.S. are not eligible. Thank you for asking!