Bloggers

• avatar

Lori Greene

From the Director
  • avatar

Lindsy Fagerstrom

Admission Ramblings
  • avatar

Therese Bennett

Windy City Wanderlust
  • avatar

Samantha Eddmeiri

Risible Rambles
  • avatar

Joseph Filer

Ramblin' with a Camera
  • avatar

Christopher Lam

Rambler's Pie: A Fresh Slice of Loyola
  • avatar

Brienne Lubor

LUC by Brie
  • avatar

Natalie Pantelis

Rambler Days
  • avatar

Foram Patel

Windy City Adventures
  • avatar

Stephanie Rodriguez

Keep On Ramblin’
  • avatar

Jace Sheu

Lakeside Musings
  • avatar

Laura Swanson

Chicago Life and Loyola Love

Have U Kept Your Resolutions So Far?

Posted on: January 6th, 2011 by Lori Greene 5 Comments

At last, 2011 is upon us, and it is always fun to see and hear about friends and co-workers who are doing their best to keep their new year’s resolutions.  I know of one person whose goal it is to write more hand-written notes this year, as it seems we have left that notion behind.  I like it.  It seems simple, but I just love the idea that someone takes the time to say “thank you” or “I am thinking of you” and it didn’t come via my inbox.

Students often send hand-written notes to say “thank you” for being awarded a scholarship or having visited the campus and commenting on how an admission staff member or current student went out of the way to make them feel welcome.  I keep these.  I call it my “Happy File” and I try to share these with the appropriate people when I have a few minutes. They also remind me of why I love what I do.

At this time of year, admission staff members work long hours reading many applications trying to gain some insight into exactly who are the students interested in attending Loyola for the next fall.  It is the time of year that I personally resolve to find a new hobby, develop a new interest, or explore my creative side because I am amazed by the number of students who truly inspire me to DO MORE and LEARN MORE!  This time I am taking on the art of snowshoeing , a home improvement plan which involves way too much painting and my commitment to staying on the treadmill for my allotted 45 minute minimum with at least a 5.0 incline.  Thank you future Loyola Class of 2015 for the inspiration!

Please check back each week  as I intend to dive into topics about the start of the college admission process for high school juniors and their parents, as well as things like deadline-sensitive topics for admitted students.  Yes, you might want to know why and when to file the FAFSA or when our deadline is for scholarship consideration.  I will also be sure to update you on ALL THINGS LOYOLA as best I can!

5 Responses

1. avatar Josefina Medina says:

Lori Greene

Thank you for this tips!

2. avatar Melissa Briggs says:

As a sesoned mom, with daughters who proceed my twin sons in the college application process-this is the first letter I have received with this message and tips. Thank you Loyola for making my son feel a connection with your university. He has carefully chosen his colleges based on his career aspirations and now it will come down to financial aid and scholarships. Loyola is his number one choice based on academics, the location and his ability to accesss comedy opportunities. He and our whole family are eagerly awaiting the financial aid package!

3. avatar benjamin rincy says:

your school charge a fee for application. not a good idea. that will leave students like me left out in cold and giving admission only to rich kids leave your school with out any outstanding studets to study in your school and leave the standarad too low.

4. avatar Marguerite Ransom says:

Thank you for this information. It was more than helpful. My daughter has recently applied for the Rome Start program, so any form of financial aid information is welcome as we are currently in the process of discussing college costs and her required commitment to “owning” her experience. Thanks again!

5. avatar Melissa Niksic says:

Hi Benjamin. Actually, there is no fee to apply to Loyola using our online application, available at LUC.edu/apply.