Over the summer, Loyola’s Information Technology & Services upgraded Blackboard from version 7.3 to version 8.0, just in time for the Fall 2008 semester. While this is a major upgrade, the interface has not changed (except for the Grade Center). So we should be able to do everything we could do with 7.3 without taking a lot of time to learn Blackboard over again.
A Better Blackboard — New Features
- New Grade Center – Interactive view, Self-assessment and Peer Review
- Scholar- a free, innovative social bookmarking Web service, aimed at connecting faculty and students
- Podcasting – deliver a series of audio or video files to students
- New language access
- Adaptive Release – control when information is released and which students or groups can receive it
- Live Classroom video – Students see their professor teaching in real-time or archive
- Performance improvements and program fixes have been added
Please direct any questions or concerns about this upgrade to Blackboard@luc.edu.
Continue to check the Faculty Documentation page for instructions on using the new features.