The University’s Global Engagement Program presents: Chai & Chat WTC. This program offered by the Office of International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS). Chai & Chat WTC is a space for Loyola’s F-1 students, J-1 scholars, and H-1B employees to connect with one another, but ALL Loyolans are welcome! If you are interested in making international connections, this is the place for you.
Join your international Loyola peers to discuss various topics with an intercultural lens. Coffee, tea and light refreshments will be provided. (BYO mug).
Chai & Chat WTC meets every Wednesday 4:00-5:50pm in the Terry Student Center, Room 319. Each week a different topic will be discussed.
- 9/11: First Meeting – What’s in a Name?
- 9/18 Immigration 101 w/ Eliza Plous (from ISSS)
- 9/25 Global Politics and Conservatism
- 10/2 Managing Stress w/Dr. Hongying Chen (Psychologist)
- 10/9 U.S. Workplace Culture
- 10/16 Gender and the #MeToo Movement
- 10/23 Faith and Spirituality w/Grace Giradot (WTC Campus Minister)
- 10/30 Halloween/Death Rituals & Beliefs
- 11/6 Cross-Cultural Education w/Special Guest
- 11/13 International Education Week (bring a friend!) “International” as an identity in the U.S.
- 11/20 Thanksgiving and gratitude
- 11/27 No Meeting (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- 12/4 It’s what you like, not what you are like
- 12/11 What purpose do traditions serve?
Questions? Phone: 773.508.3899 or Email: email@example.com