What does it mean to have a concentration in Leadership Development in Social Services (LDSS) with a MSW?

I am very passionate about my career in social work. I love learning about the field and discovering the different roles social workers can have. However, I often think people do not understand what it means to have a MSW with a concentration in LDSS. Typically, social work is thought to be one-on-one therapy, but that’s not always the case. For this reason, I would like to share some of the information I am learning in my LDSS courses. Below are some of the topics my LDSS class is learning about in our Nonprofit Organizations (SOWK 713) class.

• Governing Executive Board Members
  • Executive Leadership
  • Resource Development
  • Marketing
  • Financial Management
  • Nonprofit Financial Crisis
  • Managing Staff-Paid and Unpaid
  • Strategic Planning

Below is an article my professor, Dr. Tom Tresser, gave our class in regards to budgeting for non-profits. Create A Budget That Works for You (Rotondi, 1997).

Reference

Rotondi, A. (1997). Create a budget that works for you. Retrieved from http://www.snpo.org/publications/nonprofitworld.php

• By xbox 360 deals on 12.21.2012 at 6:21 am

Just wanted to share a quote with your readers – A revolution can be neither made nor stopped. The only thing that can be done is for one of several of its children to give it a direction by dint of victories.
    xbox 360 console deals
    Microsoft Store Promo Code

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)