Events, events, and events

Now that classes are in full swing this fall, it’s time to start peppering you with email, facebook posts, and any other channels we can think of to put relevant events on your radar. I’ve got three in mind already:

1. Fall Water Tower Block Party, Thursday Aug 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you work nearby, come see Pearson Avenue closed to car traffic and get a free lunch while you tour the new Career Center office on the 8th floor of Corboy (I’ve been there, having a guided tour will help you find it. Trust me).

2. Alumni Relations webinar, “Master the Art of Networking,” Tuesday, Sept 10, from noon-1 p.m. If you’ve your lunch hour free and access to a computer, you can attend the next webinar put on by Alumni Relations. And even if you can’t make it,  there’s still good news, each webinar is recorded and available online. Register for the webinar at alumni.luc.edu.

3. The SCPS Career Development workshops will continue this fall, with “Survival Tactics for Unusual Interviews” on Tuesday, Oct 15, from 5:30-7 p.m. in Regents Hall. Like usual, the workshop will be co-hosted by the Career Center, and will feature guest speakers, interactive exercises, and close with networking. Save the date, and you can RSVP to me at jjoslin@luc.edu.

Like I said, plenty to do this fall, and there’s always more around the corner. Hope to see each of you around!