The Flexibility of Online Learning

Sitting here on the beach in San Jose del Cabo, I’m reminded of one of my favorite beach vacations. A few years ago, my parents took me to Maui, Hawaii as a present for finishing my MBA. The funny thing was, when we left, I had not yet finished my final course. I had one more final project to turn submit. I put the finishing touches on my project while I was in the air flying to the island, knowing that I’d be able to submit it as soon as I got settled into the hotel in Lahaina. I knew I’d be able to finish my course from thousands of miles away from the classroom because I was enrolled in an online course.

Online courses offer incredible flexibility. While some courses are synchronous, meaning all students must log into the online classroom on prescribed days at prescribed times, some are asynchronous and offer freedom for when you view online lectures and complete classroom discussion. Both synchronous and asynchronous courses offer the freedom of attending class from any computer with internet – anywhere in the world.

Online courses have changed the face of higher education and Loyola University Chicago’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies is excited to soon offer fully online degree programs. Please join us for our Open House next week on Wednesday, February 13th at 5:30 PM to learn more about our online and on-campus programs. For more information and to register, visit https://gpem.luc.edu/register/SCPSFebruary or contact me at kmurray4@luc.edu.