- December 20, 2012
- 1:39 pm
- Patty Sheehy
Corporate Practice Paralegal Program Confirmed to Launch in January
- Katherine Greenwood will teach Introduction to Paralegal Studies, as she has at the Water Tower Campus for many years. Professor Greenwood holds BA and JD degrees from Tulane University in New Orleans, as well as an MA from Pacifica Graduate Institute. She has worked as a corporate attorney with law firms in New York, San Francisco, London, and Evanston, Illinois, and was a senior attorney at PLM International, Inc., in San Francisco.
- Peggy Trelford will teach Business Organizations. Professor Trelford holds a BA degree from Northeastern Illinois University and a JD degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law. She was a corporate attorney at Motorola for 14 years and at Mobilink in Chicago for two years, and now volunteers at Prairie State Legal Services.
- Annie Mentkowski will teach Legal Research & Writing I and II. Professor Mentkowski holds a BA degree from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, a JD degree from DePaul University, and a MLIS from the University of Illinois. She has worked as a Special Investigations Supervisor at Walgreen’s in Deerfield for the past six years, and also works as a Reference Associate at Northwestern University’s Law School Library in Chicago.
- Joanne Lee will teach Contract Administration & Analysis. Professor Lee holds a BA degree from Dartmouth College and a JD degree from Harvard University. She is a commercial attorney at Abbott Laboratories in Abbott Park, Illinois, and previously was an associate attorney at Sidley Austin in Chicago.
- Kelly Barry will teach Legal Ethics. Professor Barry holds a BA from Northern Illinois University and a Certificate in Paralegal Studies from Loyola’s Institute. She worked as a paralegal in Chicago for twenty years, most recently at Adducci Dorf Lehner Mitchell & Blankenship. She is currently the Academic Program Coordinator for the Institute for Paralegal Studies.
Due to the recent increase in interest in this program, we have extended the application deadline for both paralegal programs to December 28th, 2012. For information on how to complete your application for admission, please contact Karin Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.