FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Communication
Archbishop Blase J. Cupich to Bless
New Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago
Archbishop Blase J. Cupich will lead the blessing ceremony of Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago on Friday, September 25, on the University’s Water Tower Campus. The Archbishop will join University and Arrupe College administrators, board members, students, faculty, staff, and supporters to celebrate the opening of Loyola’s first associate’s degree program.
Launched this year, Arrupe College is a two-year associate’s degree program for motivated Chicago students with limited financial resources and an interest in attending a four-year institution after graduation. Students receive a degree that is fully transferable to more than 100 Illinois institutions and they will graduate with little to no debt. Nearly 160 students enrolled this fall.
- Blase J. Cupich, Archbishop of Chicago
- Anita Alvarez, Arrupe College Board Member, Cook County State’s Attorney
- John P. Pelissero, PhD, Interim President, Loyola University Chicago
- Michael J. Garanzini, S.J., Chancellor, Loyola University Chicago
- Stephen Katsouros, S.J., Dean and Executive Director, Arrupe College
- Stephanie Gonzalez, Arrupe College Student
Friday, September 25, 2015
Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago
Maguire Hall, Room 110
1 E. Pearson St.
Chicago, IL 60611
– Loyola –