FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kristin Trehearne Lane
Loyola University Museum of Art Hosts Media Preview of LUMA at 10: Greatest Hits
Loyola University Museum of Art (LUMA) invites media to experience its upcoming show LUMA at 10: Greatest Hits, highlighting the museum’s most successful and innovative exhibitions from its first 10 years, before it opens to the public Saturday, August 22.
This special exhibition features more than 50 artists with works on display, including:
- Andy Warhol’s Silver Clouds
- Elegant Enigmas: The Art of Edward Gorey
- Auguste Rodin’s bronze sculpture, John the Baptist Preaching
- Lewis deSoto’s 25-foot, air-filled Buddha, Paranirvana
- The Four Gospels, typeset and illustrated by Eric Gill
- Madonna and Child—Boundless Love, painted by Janet McKenzie
- Several works from The Missing Peace: Artists Consider the Dalai Lama
- Chicago artists in the LUMA Collection
Pam Ambrose, founding director of LUMA and director of cultural affairs at Loyola University Chicago, will lead short tours of the gallery and exhibition.
RSVP to Kristin Trehearne Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, August 20, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Loyola University Museum of Art
820 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611