FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Loyola University Chicago Announces Five New Retail Partnerships
New Locations to Open at the University’s Lake Shore Campus
CHICAGO, April 9, 2015 – Loyola University Chicago announced today partnerships with five area businesses that have signed leases to open new locations at the University’s Lake Shore Campus. BMO Harris Bank, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Pita Pit, Clarke’s, and Go Grocer are among the growing list of retailers who will operate at the Lake Shore Campus in Rogers Park/Edgewater.
“The University strongly believes in the business communities surrounding our two Chicago campuses,” said Wayne Magdziarz, senior vice president for capital planning and campus management at Loyola University Chicago. “We are pleased to have these retailers join us as we continue to build the business community around our campuses in an effort to help the surrounding neighborhoods flourish.”
Details of the new locations:
- BMO Harris Bank has shifted its operations from Loyola’s Granada Center to the University’s Montserrat building and will be located at located at 6556 N. Sheridan Road, near the Chicago Transit Authority’s Loyola “L” station. The new, state-of-the-art “Smart Branch” offers personalized service complemented by access to video tellers and mobile bankers. The new location spans 2,400 square feet and is currently open for business.
- Pita Pit, a national fresh, quick-service restaurant chain located 6558 N. Sheridan Road, began welcoming customers at its 1,400-square-foot franchise earlier this month, and delivery is slated to begin mid-April. The location marks the second Pita Pit in Chicago and fourth location in Chicagoland.
- NovaCare Rehabilitation, a provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation, has signed a lease for space in the Montserrat building and is scheduled to open their 1,487-square-foot location later this summer. The center will offer patients in the community access to one-on-one personalized care and innovative rehabilitation equipment to efficiently strengthen the body, reduce pain, and prevent future injury. A wide range of physical therapy services will be offered. NovaCare will be open for early morning and evening appointments. NovaCare Rehabilitation is the exclusive provider of physical therapy and athletic training services for the Loyola Ramblers and has been a proud partner of the University since 2011.
- Go Grocer, a local boutique grocer, is now open in a 3,700-square-foot space at the University’s Granada Center at 6435 N. Sheridan Road. Go Grocer is owned and operated by two brothers, both Loyola alums, who focus on creating healthy food options. The location will accept Rambler Bucks, universal funds utilized by Loyola students and employees with Loyola ID cards at on- and off-campus partner locations.
- Clarke’s, a popular 24-hour diner-style restaurant, has signed a lease for a 3,200-square-foot space in the Granada Center. Clarke’s was established in 1985 and currently operates multiple locations in Chicagoland. The new location is slated to open later this year.
In addition to the retail listed above, the University and its partner, Atira Hotels, are in the final stages of approval for a 145-room Hampton Inn to be located at the corner of Sheridan Road and Albion Avenue in Rogers Park. The development includes nearly 10,000 square feet of retail space, which will be managed by the University. For more information on the space, please contact Brian O’Leary, senior asset manager for capital planning and campus management, at email@example.com or 773.249.3515.
For more information about Loyola’s work in the community, visit LUC.edu/communityrelations.
About Loyola University Chicago
Founded in 1870, Loyola University Chicago is one of the nation’s largest Jesuit, Catholic universities, with nearly 16,000 students. More than 10,000 undergraduates hailing from all 50 states and 82 countries call Loyola home. The University has four campuses: three in the greater Chicago area and one in Rome, Italy, as well as course locations in Beijing, China; Saigon-Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Vernon Hills, Illinois (Cuneo Mansion and Gardens); and a Retreat and Ecology Campus in Woodstock, Illinois. The University features 11 schools and colleges, including the Quinlan School of Business, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, Stritch School of Medicine, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Communication, School of Continuing and Professional Studies, School of Education, School of Law, School of Social Work, Graduate School, and Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago. Consistently ranked a top national university by U.S. News & World Report, Loyola is also among a select group of universities recognized for community service and engagement by prestigious national organizations like the Carnegie Foundation and the Corporation for National and Community Service. To learn more about Loyola, visit LUC.edu, “like” us at Facebook.com/LoyolaChicago, or follow us on Twitter via @LoyolaChicago or @LoyolaNewsroom.
– Loyola –