FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Communication
Loyola University Chicago Hosts The Newhart Family Theatre Dedication
Gathering to Honor Alumnus and Comedian Bob Newhart and His Sisters
This Saturday, Loyola University Chicago will officially dedicate The Newhart Family Theatre, located in the Mundelein Center for the Fine and Performing Arts. The new theatre is named in honor of Loyola alumnus and comedian Bob Newhart, who graduated from Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business in 1952. Newhart’s three sisters attended Mundelein College, including Joan Newhart, BVM, who also served as a Mundelein administrator.
The program includes performances by Loyola students and remarks from Loyola President and CEO Michael J. Garanzini, S.J., and the Newhart family.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Mundelein Center for the Fine and Performing Arts
The Newhart Family Theatre Facts:
- Located on the second floor of Mundelein Center, in the space that used to be the gymnasium of Mundelein College
- State-of-the-art thrust style theatre with 215 fixed seats and flexible seating for an additional 20
- Designed by Baranski Hammer Moretta & Sheehy Architects, in collaboration with Theatre Consultants Collaborative
- Handsome gallery space found in the entry lobby
- The new “main stage” home for Loyola University Chicago’s theatre program
- Features a new scenic shop, lighting shop, costume shop, rehearsal hall/performance classroom, a flexible seat experimental theatre in the lower level, and additional support and workshop spaces for theatre
- Includes a recital hall, additional practice rooms, and applied music and recording studios for music