This listing is intended to provide you with ideas on where to look for scholarships and alternative financial aid resources. These scholarships are administered and awarded by outside organizations and loan funding is reduced by the amount of the scholarship when students receive these awards.
Each listing has its own criteria; as such, deadline dates, selection conditions, application processes, and other details will need to be verified for each scholarship/resource by the student. Please contact each individual source for complete, up-to-date details. Students are
- Justice Robert E. Gordon Scholarship: The deadline to apply is July 16, 2018.The recipient of the award will receive a $3,600 scholarship.
- Chapman and Cutler LLP Maynard H. Jackson, Jr. Diversity Scholarship: The deadline to apply is July 31, 2018. The recipient of the award will receive a $10,000 scholarship.
- Parry & Pfau No-Accident Scholarship: $1500 scholarship inviting applicants to create a 1–2 minute video. Applicants may submit entries from September 1, 2017 through July 31, 2018. Winner will be announced and awarded the scholarship by August 15, 2018.
- Lloyd M. Johnson, Jr. Scholarship Program: The deadline to apply is August 31, 2018. This year, MCCA will award up to 10 scholarships.
- Diversity Scholarship Foundation (DSF): The application deadline is September 1, 2018. There are several scholarships and the awarded amounts vary. To access the online application and complete information, please see website
- The Jack Carey Scholarship Fund: Scholarship stipend of $2500 three times a year to 2L or 3L students whom have interned at least one semester at the Cook County Public Defender’s Office. Annual due dates for applications are 4/1, 7/1, 11/1.
- Maxim Law Social Justice Scholarship: Applicant will receive $500 to support his or her educational costs, including tuition and other fees. The current scholarship deadlines are July 1, 2018, for Fall Semester 2018, and November 1, 2018, for Spring Semester 2019.
- 2018 Reeves Law Group Annual Scholarship Award: Awarding a $3,000 scholarship to a deserving law student who authors a winning essay in our Sixth Annual Scholarship Essay Contest. The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2018
- GJEL Scholarship Program: They are offering a $2000 scholarship. The deadline to apply is December 15, 2018.