Introducing Loxley Keala, 1L at Loyola University Chicago School of Law

Keeping up with Keala
Aloha! My name is Loxley Keala and I am a 1L at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. I am here to invite you to join me on my journey through my first year of law school (and first year in the Windy City)! I will be sharing my many experiences both in and outside of the classroom. For those that are or will be new to Chicago, stay tuned because you and I will experience all that this great city has to offer, especially its incredible deep-dish pizza! Together we will explore, study, stress a little and eat our way through the year. Read on to find out a little more about me. And if you see me around campus, don’t be a stranger.

Hawaii Native
I am originally from Kaneohe, Hawaii, which is located on the island of Oahu. My mom was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and my dad was born on the island of Kauai (Hawaii), and I have one older sister who lives in San Francisco. Our family hobbies include Christmas decorating, playing Scene It? and watching the NBA playoffs (Go Dubs!).

Go Hawks!
I received my BA from the University of Iowa where I majored in Art History with an emphasis in Classical Greek and Roman Art. While at U of I, I was on the volleyball team, where I got to travel around the country visiting schools in the Big Ten Conference. I was even able to travel to Europe! Our team went to Berlin, Krakow, Cologne, Poland, and Dublin; fourteen days of competitive volleyball,  sightseeing, and enough gelato to last a lifetime.

And more
I love classic rock and movies, and am a sucker for Shake Shack strawberry milkshakes. My favorite artists include Eric Clapton, Creedance Clearwater Revival and the Avett Brothers, and my favorite movie is A Few Good Men. Don’t worry, I also get my fix of Bravo TV and Harry Potter weekends. Despite my love of Netflix and chill, I enjoy being outdoors; surfing, hiking and playing beach volleyball are just a few of my many pastimes.

My life motto
Every day, I do something that I enjoy, whether it’s grabbing coffee with a friend or walking by the lake. Being a full-time law student can be tough, which is why it is good (and necessary) to take a break every once in a while. As Tom Haverford says, “Treat yo self.”

Thanks for reading my introduction blog and I can’t wait to share my experiences with you!

Loxley Keala is a 1L at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.  She is blogging about the journey of her first year of law school. To search all posts written by her search the Loxley category on the right hand side. Questions for Loxley? Email law-admissions@luc.edu with the subject “Ask Loxley” and she will make sure to answer them in a future post.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Life at Loyola, Loxley, Student Life. Bookmark the permalink.