White Sox Beat Indians 9-6

Last weekend, my friend Billy was back in town on business and he had the great idea to go watch the White Sox play. So we bought our balcony, $10 tickets and headed to the game. The U.S. Cellular Field is very easy to get to: just hop on the Red Line (the same line that the law school is on), swipe the Student U-pass, head south towards 95th, and get off at the 35th Street stop. Right outside is U.S. Cellular Field.

Personally, I choose not to engage in the Sox v. Cubs rivalry. I am from the northern suburbs so I suppose I geographically align with the Cubs, as their stadium is in the northern neighborhoods and the Sox’s stadium is in the southern neighborhoods of Chicago. But really I just go with whoever has the free tickets or in this case whichever game only costs $10.

We spent our first innings watching from our seats, which had pretty great view, and then the last few from the Bullpen Sports Bar. Cellular Field has a bar located at field level behind the right-field fence and Bullpen.  We sat right behind the chain fence and it felt like we were right on the field. We were hoping a ball would get hit our way but we didn’t have any luck.

It was a beautiful night and was great to be outside and enjoy the long awaited spring air. The Sox had nine runs so we had plenty of action to cheer for. Plus, whenever the Sox win at home, U.S. Cellular shoots off fireworks over the stadium and as the title reveals, the White Sox won!

Questions for Amie? Email law-admissions [at] luc [dot] edu with the subject “Ask Amie” and she will make sure to answer them.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Amie B, Living in Chicago. Bookmark the permalink.