Student Spotlight: Serj Mooradian, 3L

serj

Activities
Publications editor of Annals of Health Law, Health Law Fellow in the Beazley Institute, Student representative in Loyola’s Federal Tax Clinic, Co-chair of the Chicago Bar, Association Young Lawyers Section Law Student Committee

Professional Interests
“I am drawn to health law and tax law because they both provide the opportunity to work within the constructs of statutory and regulatory law, something I have grown to enjoy during my time in law school.  This is a particularly exciting time to enter into a health law career, because of the shifting landscape that is currently occurring.  Because of the diversity of experiences I have been able to obtain at Loyola, particularly the two certificate programs, I feel prepared to confidently enter into the workplace.”

Why Loyola
“I knew Loyola would be a great fit for me the first time I visited.  There was an air of congeniality between both staff and students and the facilities were great. These attributes have made it a great place for me to start my legal career.  If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose to come to Loyola.”

Personal

• Born in London to parents who were reporters
  • Lived as a child in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and London
  • Attended college at the University of Bath in the UK
  • Moved to Chicago in 2006
  • Worked as a pastry chef before law school
  • Married with a son, Maxwell, who was born during the fall semester of his second year in law school. (That semester he also ran the Chicago Marathon!)

Check out more news from Loyola, in our “feature archives

This entry was posted in Health Law, Life at Loyola, Student Spotlight, Why Loyola?. Bookmark the permalink.