Amie B: Kickin’ off the Holiday Season

As I have mentioned in my earlier blogs, I spent a year working at Asian University for Women in Chittagong, Bangladesh. While I loved my experience there, I missed the holiday season! As a Muslim-majority country, in the sub-continent, Chittagong didn’t have the traditional snowy Christmas that I have grown up with in Chicago. So I am particularly excited this year to decorate a tree for Christmas!

Bows!

Bows!

Every year, the ChildLaw Center has a toy drive to provide Christmas presents for all the clients. The ChildLaw Center invited everyone in the school to select a child to buy toys for. I picked an 11-year-old girl. I bought a board game and a bracelet maker, which I was assured by the Toys-r-us employee, is the hot toy this Christmas season. After all the toys are collected, the ChildLaw Center hosts a gift-wrapping party with holiday music and pizza!

Nikita from the admission office enjoying the gift-wrapping party!

I also got into the holiday spirit by attending a Friendsgiving. An old college roommate, who now works in the city, invited her friends over to have a pre-Thanksgiving meal to celebrate friendship. Everyone brought a dish to pass and the host provided cranberry sangria and the turkey. As I am not a very good cook myself, I was very impressed with all the dishes everyone brought. I was going to try to make a brussels sprouts recipe, but ran out of time and just made some boxed brownies instead.  So far, this holiday season is already off to a great start and I am loving it.

Friendsgiving feast!

Friendsgiving feast!

Questions for Amie? Email law-admissions [at] luc [dot] edu with the subject “Ask Amie” and she will make sure to answer them.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Amie B, ChildLaw, Life at Loyola. Bookmark the permalink.