- October 14, 2013
- 11:28 am
- Megan Troppito
Loyola Gives 2013
Loyola Gives, the annual University holiday giving program, is back. In conjunction with Catholic Charities’ Sponsor-A-Family program, Loyola departments sponsor families in need by raising funds and purchasing items requested by the families. Pope Francis has brought attention to the poor and implores us to do something. We have the chance to do something right here in Chicago where the need is great. Again this year, we are reaching out to you and your department to hear the call of the Pope and Loyola to help a needy family.
Loyola Gives 2013 is officially underway and we hope you will take an interest in participating in this wonderful project! We’re ready to receive specific requests from offices/departments/groups like yours.
Signing up for Loyola Gives is simple:
- Pick a coordinator for your office/department/group – groups are welcome to partner with one another.
- Determine how many people in your office/department/group will participate.
- Decide on the size family you can support (think of spending at least $100 per family member) (five members in a family = $500; 2 members = $200)
- Email Cathy O’Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, October 24 with
- Your coordinator’s name and email address
- The group or groups you represent
- The size family you are committing to support
- Have the coordinator attend an information session on Thursday, November 7
- Lake Shore Campus, Granada West Conference – 2nd Floor at 12 – 1 p.m.
- Water Tower Campus, Corboy Law Center, Room 727 at 12 – 1 p.m.
- Shop! Shop! Shop!
- Bring the families gifts to the drop-off in early December either at Water Tower’s Terry Student Center Lobby (Wednesday, December 4) or Lake Shore’s Damen Student Center Lobby (Thursday, December 5).
Thank you in advance for your support of this program,
The Department of Campus Ministry