New leadership in Advancement

Loyola Community,

After 10 years—and during Loyola’s most significant expansion of campus facilities in the University’s history—Jon Heintzelman, senior vice president for university advancement, is stepping down and departing the University. Thanks to Jon’s leadership, annual University fundraising has increased from $20M in 2003 to $43M as of June 2013. Among many other advancement achievements, Jon and his staff spearheaded the University’s $500M “Partner” comprehensive campaign, which surpassed its financial goal two years in advance of the campaign target. Our students, particularly those receiving University scholarship support, are the beneficiaries of Jon’s fundraising successes here at Loyola.

Steve Bergfeld, vice president for strategy and planning, will assume day-to-day responsibilities for the Advancement Division. There are a number of key initiatives underway related to fundraising for scholarship support, alumni engagement programs, communication and marketing objectives, and more. Steve’s long tenure with the University and experience with advancement and strategic planning will be very helpful to the Advancement Division and the University.

I am grateful to Jon for his decade of service to Loyola and I know you join me in wishing him all the best in his future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Michael J. Garanzini, S.J.
President and CEO, Loyola University Chicago

Now ongo

Loyola's Graduate Teacher Preparation Program

Melissa Niksic

The 12 Days of Christmas (Loyola Style)

Melissa Niksic

Sakai Question of the Week go

How do I post grades in Sakai?

How do I post grades in Sakai?

I need to post grades in Sakai. Can you advise me on how to do that?

Scholarship Campaign go

Access to excellence

Access to excellence

Access is everything: access to knowledge, to a career, to truth, to success. For most people, access to their dreams begins with a college degree.